My School Portal (www.myschoolportal.co.uk) is a market-leading SaaS product. Our mission is to engage schools, parents, guardians, and students to communicate more effectively and to help reduce the administrative workload by developing high-quality software applications. By aggregating and collating all the data used by schools into one central view, we improve and streamline the users’ information consumption and engagement.
We are located in Kent, England. A ten-minute drive from the Dartford Crossing, and Bluewater Shopping Centre, we are based in a converted granary with stunning scenic views of the surrounding fields, and yet we are close to the M25, A2, and M20.
Who we’re looking for:
Due to the success of My School Portal both here in the UK and across the globe, we are now recruiting for a business development manager.
This is a new position within the company as we are expanding our team, you would be working alongside business development colleagues who have a proven track record and know the independent school sector well.
If you are someone that wants to make a real difference within education and you would like to work with applications which push boundaries, then this is the right position for you.
As a team, we enjoy a range of responsibilities while working closely with colleagues on opportunities from inception to completion. In addition to building relationships with school leaders this roll includes attending conferences, identifying and assessing opportunities, data analysis and conference calls, highlighting potential business development opportunities and booking presentations.
It is important to note that this is not a sales role, here at My School Portal we offer a consultative approach, our mission is to present the portal technology and its benefits to schools.
The opportunity for you would involve:
- Working closely with leading UK independent schools
- Have a large degree of autonomy and responsibility
- Progress your career and be a valued member of our team
- Have your input and ideas listened to and put into practice
- Make a difference within the education sector
- Work flexibly
Above all, you get to learn and develop your skills alongside colleagues who are extremely passionate about our product and our mission to improve parent engagement.
As a team we are looking for someone who has the same degree of passion for the project as we do, your passion needs to come across in communications when talking to school leaders.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Have a strong understanding of web applications
- Ability to organise and control your own time and tasks
- Be able to present to independent school leaders with a passion
Location for the role:
We are flexible regarding location, you will have the option to be based either in our Kent office, your home office or a mixture of both.
- Working hours are: Monday – Friday, 08.30 – 17.00, but flexibility is required
- 20 days annual leave + public holidays (rising after 3 years of service)
- Own transport essential
- Basic salary (depending on sector experience) plus a commission package
- The position is available immediately and is a permanent role
Please submit your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
If you are looking to make an impact within an organisation that prides itself on recognising and developing its talent then we are the company for you.