Who we are:
Our mission is to engage schools, parents, guardians, and students to communicate more effectively and to help reduce the administrative workload by developing high-quality software applications. By aggregating and collating all the data used by schools into one central view, we improve and streamline the users’ information consumption and engagement.
We are located in Kent, England. A ten minute drive from the Dartford Crossing, and Bluewater Shopping Centre, we are based in a converted granary with stunning scenic views of the surrounding fields, and yet we are close to the M25, A2, and M20.
Who we’re looking for:
Due to our overall success both here in the UK and globally, we are now recruiting an additional developer to join our core functionality development team.
This is a new position within the company to allow us to increase the development speed of key features planned for the next academic year and beyond.
If you are someone that wants to make a real difference within education and you love to develop applications which push boundaries, then this is the right position for you.
We are looking for someone who can tackle the different stages of the development lifecycle. You’ll become involved in every stage from planning through to deployment.
Working as part of a creative and dynamic team, your opinions and ideas will be invaluable to our company growth. As we are not a new start-up, you will be joining a stable (yet growing) company with a great track record. You’ll be working on an application that’s used by the top independent schools and interacting with other smart, passionate, and motivated individuals.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
● 5+ years of commercial experience.
● Strong experience of server-side development using Node.js, MySQL, Docker.
● Strong experience of RESTful web service APIs.
● Experience in software design and development.
● Experience with unit and integration testing.
● Experience of Git, Mercurial or similar source control system.
Other skills that would be advantageous but not necessary:
● Programming experience in Java, Cold Fusion, C++ or C.
● Experience of Amazon Web Services.
● Experience of Bamboo or similar CI server.
Location for the role:
Due to the level of interaction with fellow team members this position would be based in our UK Kent office.
● Working hours are: Monday – Friday, 08.30 – 17.00, but flexibility is required
● 20 days annual leave + public holidays (rising after 3 years of service)
● Own transport essential
● Training budget allocated for both in-house and external training.
● Dependent on experience
● The position is available immediately and is a permanent role
Please submit your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
If you are looking to make an impact within an organisation that prides itself on recognising and developing its talent then we are the company for you.