My School Portal Ltd are looking for an experienced web tester for our SaaS product
As the developers of a market leading product within the education sector we are looking to grow our team to maintain the products’ quality.
This is a new senior position within the company and is due to the growth of the core development team, we are now looking to further build our team around great people who are passionate about their work.
Working in a creative and dynamic team is rewarding, as we are not a large corporate company your views, opinions and ideas will be invaluable. We do offer a training budget so you will be able to grow with the product and the team as we work towards our goals.
Salary: Negotiable + Benefits
Responsibilities / Skills
- Work closely with the product owner and project team to define the testing strategy and ensure acceptance criteria are accurate, clear and well defined
- Show clear and well-written test cases, execute those tests and ensure the results are being clearly communicated with the wider project team on an ongoing basis.
- Use the following types of testing to ensure project quality: Functionality, UI, regression and UX testing.
- Lead the investigation into reported issues, ensure they are being properly tracked and work to actively prevent regressions
- Work alongside the product owner and project team to prevent defective tasks being promoted to production.
- Identify, plan and execute testing requirements.
- Take ownership of our delivery test strategies and test approach to take our testing to the next step.
- Work closely with the product owner and project team to define the testing strategy
- 3+ years web-based quality assurance experience.
- Commercial experience in developing a small test department.
- Excellent commercial experience testing across web and mobile (Android/iOS) platforms.
- Working within both Agile (Kanban and/or Scrum).
- Web standards and experience testing REST-based APIs and SQL & MySQL databases.
- Experience in using tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Postman etc
- Any experience in performance/automated/security testing is a bonus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The role will be based at our office near Dartford, Kent and is a full-time position. Hours of work: Monday to Friday 08.30 to 17.00.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
The work environment is pleasurable – located in a converted mill, in a rural location – yet conveniently close to the M25. Due to our location, your own transport is essential.